In November 2010 I wrote this poem one evening after a visit back home. I was chatting last night on personal messages with a friend, sharing poetry. My friend commented on this asking had I lost someone? Going back to read it, and sharing it here I can see how sad it is and also how sad I was.
My Dancing Muse
She calls to me with a voice unheard
Unheard outside of my own head and heart
Calling to me softly, her gentle persistent cries
Drawing me close, calling to me until..
I can stay away from her no longer
Walking towards her I can feel
My spirit start to lift and my heart race
Her cries become more urgent as she sights me drawing close
Pulling my coat in close around me I approach her cautiously
Stepping forward, away from the safety of the car
As I shrug off the cold my breath lies heavy on the air
She spies me again and rushes forward to meet me
Reaching forward, trying desperately to connect
I try to stay back but I know I am powerless to resist
Slowly I find a welcome spot and sit and watch her dance
Dancing before me, stretching and reaching out to me
I know too far forward and I could become lost
Lost forever in her welcoming arms and tumbling caress
Consuming me without a second glance
So I stay back at a safe distance and watch
Watch my beautiful muse dance and twirl before me
The beautiful, enchanting and captivating sea.
PG November 2010
Beautiful and haunting, Bev. You have a real gift (among many) Big hugs my sweet friend!
ReplyDelete