Wednesday, 9 January 2013
Little Paris Kitchen
I have had my eye on this book for ages. We watched the TV programme and really enjoyed it. What fascinated me the most was that Rachel had a tiny Parisian Apartment and ran from there a small "underground" restaurant, named The Little Paris Kitchen, (It is not open anymore though). It seemed like she had one not so big room with her bed which became her living/eating area and a tiny kitchen. Whether she had her own bathroom or it was one along the hall I didn't know. She prepared and cooked meals for couples to come along to her apartment and have a dining experience.
Not only was I astonished at what she could prepare in her tiniest of kitchens, but that she had paying guests over to eat her meals. Just goes to show you do not have to have all the whistles and bells in your kitchen to be able to make good restaurant quality food. Reminds me of something someone once said to me "All the gear and no idea!"
I have stayed in an apartment in one of these ancient Parisian buildings and they are interesting shall we say. We were up on the top floor, looking out the windows at the back we were surrounded by other similar buildings, a myriad of fire escapes, and the noise of people walking about in the courtyard below. A city experience quite unlike any other I have had before.
I love the simplistic elegance of the meals that Rachel prepared on her TV show and I picked up this book while in a bookstore in town, but put it down again as it seemed such a lot of money £20.00 when there were other more important things to think of. On our way back we passed a national high street newsagents (WH Smith) and saw they were having a sale on and low and behold there it was £7.99! So my Christmas money was very usefully spent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment xx